Skip to main content

The Fleet Air Arm December 1940


When I was researching the background to I Think I Prefer the Tinned Variety: The Diary of a Petty Officer in the Fleet Air Arm during World War II I became very interested in the history of the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm.

Amongst my dad's papers was a page from the weekly edition of The Times newspaper which included these images of life on an aircraft carrier. I speculated that it was after seeing these photographs that he decided that he wanted to join the Fleet Air Arm.


On board an aircraft carrier, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm December 1940

On board an aircraft carrier, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm December 1940


On board an aircraft carrier, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm December 1940
 Links to Kindle Store on the Amazon site for the I Think I Prefer the Tinned Variety: The Diary of a Petty Officer in the Fleet Air Arm during World War II by N. Buckle & C. Murray book page.